Have you got rodents?
Often the first thing you will notice is sound – squeaking, gnawing or movement in walls, cupboards and ceilings, Mr Pesty can help..
- Rats are generally more active at night.
- To check if rats are around, look for: Droppings – 12mm to 18mm in length.
- Debris left from rats gnawing items like snail shells, almond shells and bones.
- Missing household food. Greasy grub marks on the paths they travel.
- Burrow holes around buildings.
- Pet dogs, cats, birds being more excitable than usual.
- Signs of gnawing damage.
What you can do
A few simple precautions to minimise food and shelter will help prevent rats:
- Ensure that access points to cupboards containing food and food-preparation materials are blocked.
- Rubbish bins have tight fitted lids and are regularly emptied.
- Rat food including fallen fruit, seed and waste from pets is removed.
- The compost heap is maintained & sealed – if rats are sighted no food scraps should be placed in the compost bin.
- Pet food is eaten soon after it is placed out (not left out for rats to find).
- Your home, shed and yard are clear of rubbish (e.g. old furniture and building materials).
- Items including wood and bricks are stacked at least 30cm above the ground to minimise hiding, nesting and thoroughfares for rats.
- Garden is maintained with grass and creepers cutback to prevent roof access.
- Cracks and holes in buildings have been identified and repaired (do not seal weep holes, vermin proof weep hole vents can be purchased from Mr Pesty or your local hardware store).
Still have Rodents? What Mr Pesty will do:
- Inspect areas to locate harbourage points
- Methods of treatment can be one or a combination of the following;
- Install electronic rodent traps
- Install rodent snap traps
- Placement of rodent sticky boards
- Bait with a non-toxic bait that contains Luminex, a product that is visable under UV light allowing the technician to locate places of harbourage
- Install commercial grade baits in cardboard boxes along rodent runs and in nests or burrows
- Install Tamper proof lockable rodent stations around the property
- Use a tracking powder, which the rodent will ingest whilst showing rodent runs
Mr Pesty offers a range of Termite services, this section will give you all the information your need to choose which services suits your needs. Visual Termite Inspections Pre Purchase Inspections Termatrac Visual Termite Inspections Pre Construction Termite Protection Kordon by Bayer Post Construction Termite Protection Termidor by BASF Biflex ...
Cockroaches, Spiders, Ants? Then a General Pest Treatment may be the best option for you.
Are you finding ant trails around your home? Perhaps in the bathroom, kitchen, coming through your down lights? Have you spotted a nest in the back yard? Mr Pesty can help...
Do you have a problem with spiders? We have a few tips that you could try.
Are fleas ambushing you at home? Mr Pesty can help...
Do you wake up in the morning with a cluster of insect bites? Mr Pesty can help..
If you are seeing cockroaches in or around your property Mr Pesty can help.. Cockroaches are found all over the world. There are more than 3,500 species of cockroach. The most common varieties in Australia include the German, Australian, American and Oriental cockroaches. American cockroaches are large and ...